February 4, 2011

XOXO Tree

Sorry for the Lack of posts lately my card reader broke and I finally found the time to go out and get a new one.



I have seen a lot of these trees around and decided I wanted to make one for Valentine's Day.

I went to hobby lobby after Christmas when all of their stuff was 75% off and they had the wooden letters in green and red for like 10 cents a piece so I just painted them to the colors I wanted and then added the white polka dots using a dowel.


I cut down the branches from my yard and used a pitcher I already had on my mantle. Then to make it look a little more like Valentine's Day I tied a Heart Doily to it. Total cost was less then 50 cents since I had all of the supplies I needed. I think it adds the perfect touch to the Mantle and to my valentine's decorations.


Linked to:
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. we had similar ideas :) im loving your vday tree! if you have the time, check out my twig bouquet here: http://littlethingsbringsmiles.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-rustic-valentine-inspireddinner.html

    thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete

background